Before you can monitor the restricted areas secured by your FLIR Ranger radar system in Security Center, you must add each FLIR Ranger radar as a tracking system in Config Tool. If you are using the Inter-System Gateway (IS Gateway), you must first add your radar to a driver container in the IS Gateway, and then add the driver container as a tracking system in Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Prepare your FLIR Ranger system for integration with Security Center.
- (Only if you are using the IS Gateway) Read the Inter-System Gateway Configuration Guide to familiarize yourself with the service.
- Create a georeferenced map in Security Center.
- Ensure that enough radar licenses are available in Security Center for all your devices. You can verify your license information in .
- (Only if you are using the IS Gateway) Ensure that you have added a docker engine in the IS Gateway to host your driver containers.
What you should know
- If you are using the IS Gateway, you must add your FLIR Ranger radar as a tracking system to Security Center with the IS Gateway.
- If you do not have the IS Gateway, you can add your FLIR Ranger radar as a tracking system to Security Center without the IS Gateway.
To add your FLIR Ranger radar as a tracking system to Security Center with the IS Gateway:
Log on to the IS Gateway web portal:
Open a web browser and enter the URL
<GatewayServer> is the name or IP address of the server hosting the IS Gateway service. The default port is 4242. Use the port you configured at installation.
- Accept the security certificate.
On the logon page, enter the
Username and Password and click
The username and password were assigned during the Inter-System Gateway Configuration step of the IS Gateway service installation.
- Open a web browser and enter the URL https://<GatewayServer>:4242.
Add a driver container for the tracking system that
you want to add to Security Center:
NOTE: If you are adding multiple driver containers, make sure that each driver container has a unique port number. This will prevent any port conflicts if multiple driver containers are running at the same time.
- On the homepage of the IS Gateway, click the Container () tab.
- Click the button besides the docker engine label, and then click Add driver container.
In the Add Driver Container
window that opens, enter the following information:
- Select the driver that you want to install.
- Select the driver version that you want. The latest version is selected by default.
- Label used to identify this driver container in the list of containers on the left.
- Port used to communicate with the driver.
- Network adapter
- Select the network adapter used by the driver to communicate with the IS Gateway service.
The FLIR driver requires a TCP communication port to be exposed to
internal port 8095. To expose a port, click
, and enter the following information:
- Select TCP.
- External port
- The port that will be exposed to connect to the FLIR radar.
- Internal port
- The port that is used internally within the driver. Enter 8095.
The IS Gateway immediately downloads the required driver container image from the repository. A notification is shown in the upper right corner of the browser page during the download process.
After the download completes, the new driver container is displayed in the list of containers on the left, under the selected docker engine.
- Start the driver container. To do so, click the button beside the driver container label and click Start.
- Select the FLIR driver container.
On the FLIR driver configuration page, turn on the FLIR
protocol option, and complete the following:
NOTE: If you did not expose a port when you created your driver container, you will be prompted to delete and recreate the driver container with the correct configuration.
- The port that the driver and the radar use to communicate. This value cannot be modified. If you want to change the port, you must create a new driver container.
- Turn on the custom events that you want to monitor for this tracking system.
- Click Save.
Add your driver container as a tracking system to Security Center:
- From the Config Tool homepage, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity tree, select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin role.
Click Add an entity (), and select Tracking
The Add tracking system dialog box opens.
- From the Type drop-down, select Inter-System Gateway.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your tracking system.
- From the Model drop-down, select the driver container you are adding and click Next ().
- If applicable, configure the specific settings for your driver and click Next ().
- If applicable, import the map from the third-party application and click Finish.
Open the Area view task.
After a few seconds, your tracking system () should be added to the area view.
To add your FLIR Ranger radar as a tracking system to Security Center without the IS Gateway:
- From the Config Tool homepage, open the Area view task.
Click Add an entity (), and then select
The Add tracking system wizard opens.
On the Tracking system information page,
enter the following information:
- Select FLIR.
- Enter a unique name for this tracking system.
Communication page, enter the following
- The TCP/IP port that the plugin and the radar use to communicate. Use a different port for each FLIR radar that you add.
- Click Refresh connection status () to connect.
- When the connection status turns Online (), click Next page ().
On the RSA configuration page,
enter the following information:
- Turn on the custom events that you want to monitor for this tracking system.NOTE: You can modify this later on the Properties page of the tracking system.
The FLIR radar and its devices are listed in the Area view entity tree.