Before you can monitor the restricted areas secured by your Robin radar system in Security Center, you must add each Robin server as a tracking system in Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Prepare your Robin system for integration with Security Center.
- (Optional) Position the cameras for each zone so that they have a view of the restricted area, and make sure that the cameras are functioning properly.
- (Only if you are using the IS Gateway) Read the Inter-System Gateway Configuration Guide to familiarize yourself with the service.
- Create a georeferenced map in Security Center.
- Ensure that enough radar licenses are available in Security Center for all your devices. You can verify your license information in .
- (Only if you are using the IS Gateway) Ensure that you have added a docker engine in the IS Gateway to host your driver containers.
What you should know
- If you are using the IS Gateway, you must add your Robin server as a tracking system to Security Center with the IS Gateway.
- If you do not have the IS Gateway, you can add your Robin server as a tracking system to Security Center without the IS Gateway.
To add your Robin server as a tracking system to Security Center with the IS Gateway:
Log on to the IS Gateway web portal:
Open a web browser and enter the URL
<GatewayServer> is the name or IP address of the server hosting the IS Gateway service. The default port is 4242. Use the port you configured at installation.
- Accept the security certificate.
On the logon page, enter the
Username and Password and click
The username and password were assigned during the Inter-System Gateway Configuration step of the IS Gateway service installation.
- Open a web browser and enter the URL https://<GatewayServer>:4242.
Add a driver container for the tracking system that
you want to add to Security Center:
NOTE: If you are adding multiple driver containers, make sure that each driver container has a unique port number. This will prevent any port conflicts if multiple driver containers are running at the same time.
- On the homepage of the IS Gateway, click the Container () tab.
- Click the button besides the docker engine label, and then click Add driver container.
In the Add Driver Container
window that opens, enter the following information:
- Select the driver that you want to install.
- Select the driver version that you want. The latest version is selected by default.
- Label used to identify this driver container in the list of containers on the left.
- Port used to communicate with the driver.
- Network adapter
- Select the network adapter used by the driver to communicate with the IS Gateway service.
- Show advanced
- Some drivers require other communication ports to be open. If necessary, click here to add those ports.
The IS Gateway immediately downloads the required driver container image from the repository. A notification is shown in the upper right corner of the browser page during the download process.
After the download completes, the new driver container is displayed in the list of containers on the left, under the selected docker engine.
- Start the driver container. To do so, click the button beside the driver container label and click Start.
- Select the driver container corresponding to the tracking system that you want to add to Security Center.
Communication section, enter the following
- IP Address
- The IP address of the Elvira server.
- The TCP/IP port that the plugin and Elvira server use to communicate. By default, the Elvira server uses port 16810.
- Click Save.
Add your driver container as a tracking system to Security Center:
- From the Config Tool homepage, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity tree, select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin role.
Click Add an entity (), and select Tracking
The Add tracking system dialog box opens.
- From the Type drop-down, select Inter-System Gateway.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your tracking system.
- From the Model drop-down, select the driver container you are adding and click Next ().
- If applicable, configure the specific settings for your driver and click Next ().
- If applicable, import the map from the third-party application and click Finish.
Open the Area view task.
After a few seconds, your tracking system () should be added to the area view.
To add your Robin server as a tracking system to Security Center without the IS Gateway:
Click Add an entity (), and then select
The Add tracking system wizard opens.
On the Tracking system information page,
enter the following information:
- Select Robin Radar.
- Enter a unique name for this tracking system.
Communication page, enter the following
- IP address
- Enter the IP address of the Elvira server.
- The TCP/IP port that the plugin and the Elvira server use to
communicate.NOTE: By default, the Elvira server uses port 16810.
- Click Refresh connection status () to connect.
- When the connection status turns Online (), click Next page ().
On the RSA configuration page,
enter the following information:
- Import on map
- Select the map that you want to use to display the devices in Security Center.
- Turn on the custom events that you want to monitor for this tracking system.NOTE: You can modify this later on the Properties page of the tracking system.
The Robin server and its devices are listed in the Area view entity tree.