An alarm receiver is a device that receives events from many different intrusion panels, either over a telephone line, a private IP network, or the Internet. The Receiver extension integrates alarm receivers into Security Center so that operators can monitor alarms forwarded by the alarm receivers from connected intrusion panels.
Typical users of the Receiver extension are alarm monitoring companies and large organizations that monitor multiple homes, businesses, and schools for intrusion alarms from a single, central office.
Using the Receiver extension with Security Center, you can do the following:
- Receive events from the intrusion panels connected to the alarm receiver.
- Receive state change events from the receiver so that you are aware of the receiver's health.
- Assign nearby cameras to receivers, intrusion panels, areas, and inputs so that you can view live and recorded video.
- Monitor events as they occur from the receivers, intrusion panels, areas, and inputs.
- Ignore events from the intrusion panels that you do not want to monitor.
- Investigate past events by generating a Receiver activities report.
- For DSC only: Map event codes to custom events.
- For DMP only:
- Set the time on the receiver from Security Center.
- Automatically create and map areas and inputs for mapped intrusion panels.
IMPORTANT: The Receiver extension only receives alarm notifications. It cannot send user commands to intrusion panels, such as arming areas or triggering outputs. If you need to both receive events and send commands, then get the manufacturer-specific extension instead of the Receiver extension. For a list of available intrusion detection extensions, see Supported plugins in Security Center.