The Receiver extension monitors the connection between Security Center and an alarm receiver by listening for a heartbeat message. You can change the heartbeat timeout and enable or disable heartbeat notifications.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The heartbeat timeout applies to receivers from all manufacturers.
- When a receiver fails to send a heartbeat within the specified period, a Unit lost event is triggered and the receiver goes offline (red) in Security Center.
- Heartbeat notifications are only reported for Bosch alarm receivers.
Turn on heartbeat notifications when you first add a Bosch receiver to Security Center, when you are making changes on the IP network, and when updating or reconfiguring receivers in the field. When the receiver heartbeat notifications are ON, the event Receiver: Bosch internal message - Acknowledge (Intrusion detection unit) is logged for each heartbeat message received.
To change the heartbeat timeout:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- In the entity tree, select the alarm receiver.
- Click the Properties tab.
In the Heartbeat timeout field, enter a period of time. The
default is 2 minutes.
Tip: To avoid false alarms, set the timeout to a value that exceeds the heartbeat frequency set on the device. Also consider the time it takes for messages to traverse your network. For example, if the device sends a heartbeat every 30 seconds, set the Heartbeat timeout to 40 seconds or more. If there are times when the traffic on your network peaks, make sure the timeout is long enough to accommodate those busy periods.
When the extension does not receive a heartbeat message from a receiver after the timeout period is exceeded, the intrusion detection unit is displayed as offline (red) in the Intrusion Manager role of Config Tool. When the next heartbeat message is received, the receiver is put back online.
To receive an event in response to a heartbeat message:
In the Notifications section, set the Receiver
heartbeat slider to ON.
- Click Apply.
To silence the event in response to the heartbeat messages:
- In the Notifications section, set the Receiver heartbeat slider to OFF.
- Click Apply.