When setting up the plugin role for the first time, you connect the plugin to the messaging service so that communication between the Security Center clients are encrypted.
What you should know
If you plan to set up failover for the plugin role, you must install RabbitMQ on a separate server, and then assign the main server and other expansion servers as standby to the plugin role, and set the IP address of the RabbitMQ server.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Properties tab.
Under RabbitMQ settings, enter the following:
- The IP address of the server that runs RabbitMQ. By default, RabbitMQ is installed along with the plugin, so typically you enter the IP address of the server that hosts the plugin. Do not use 127.0.0.1.
If you use failover, RabbitMQ should be installed on a different server than the plugin.
- The TCP port used by Security
applications, the plugin, the RabbitMQ server, and the tracking
system to communicate together. All systems must use the same port number. By default,
the port number 5671 is used for secure communications.
If you want to use a port number other than the default, you must change the port settings in RabbitMQ.config. .
- User and Password
- Credentials used by the plugin to connect to the RabbitMQ server.
- Click Apply.