RabbitMQ is not installed on the same server as the plugin role, you must copy the certificate from the server where RabbitMQ is installed, to the server where the plugin role is installed.
Install RabbitMQ on a server separate from the one hosting the plugin role.
Before you begin
Do this task when you have enabled failover on the plugin role.
What you should know
- On the server hosting the plugin role, create the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec\RabbitMQ.
- On the server where RabbitMQ is installed, navigate to the following folder:C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec\RabbitMQ, and copy the certificate called Cert.pem.
- On the server hosting the plugin role, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec\RabbitMQ, and paste the Cert.pem certificate.
Repeat steps 2-3 for each server that has RabbitMQ installed separately from the plugin role.
IMPORTANT: If you are copying multiple certificates from separate RabbitMQ servers, you must rename them. For example, Cert_server1.pem and Cert_server2.pem. Renamed certificates must not contain CA or KEY.
- Restart the plugin role: right-click the plugin role, select Maintenance > Deactivate role, and then click Maintenance > Activate role.
- If a secondary server is assigned to the plugin role, repeat the same process on the secondary server.