RSA zones are created to define the boundaries of a restricted area. When a tracking system reports an intrusion, the plugin only reports those events that match the coordinates of an armed RSA zone.
Before you begin
- Security Center must have a geo-referenced map.
- The RSA Surveillance plugin role must have at least one tracking system.
- The IP cameras with a view of the tracking system must be in Security Center.
What you should know
- If your tracking system has zones already defined in its management software, you can import those zones instead of creating them anew.
- Zones are displayed as a colored area on the default Security Center map.
- After adding the tracking devices and RSA zones to Security Center, you will be able to see detected targets on Security Center maps.
- If you configured an OPTEX laser to be in Vertical mode so that it acts as an invisible laser wall, and you turned on Change color on intrusion for the OPTEX entity in Security Center, then when you create the zone, use the polygon tool to draw a line that represents the virtual wall.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Zones tab.
- Click the Add () button.
- On the Zones page, click Create, enter a name for the zone, and then click the Next page () button.
On the Cameras page, click the
button, select the cameras that have a view of this zone, click
OK, use the up () and down () buttons to change the order of the cameras, and then click the
Next page () button.
The first camera in the list is the one displayed in the target's information window. To see the information window, click a target on a map.
- On the Schedules page, click Add (), select one or more schedules to use for arming and disarming this RSA zone, click OK, and then click Next page ().
On the Alarm/Event page, select the alarm and event to
trigger when the operator manually creates an alert for a selected target, and
then click the Next page() button.
The alarm and event selected for this zone replace the default settings on the Zones page.
Click Finish, and then click Apply.
The new zone is displayed in the list of zones.
Associate the new zone to an area on the map.
- In Config Tool, open a map and select the polygon shape () drawing tool.
- Draw a shape on the map to define the area of the zone.
- On the dashboard, in the Identity widget, select the zone from the list.
Close the Map task, then re-open the Map task.
This step is required because of known issue 1022551.The zone in Security Center is now associated to the area monitored by the tracking system. When the zone is armed, and the tracking system detect a target, you will see the target on the map.
Configuring the behavior of RSA zones