When automatic fusion is enabled, the RSA plugin identifies two targets that represent the same intruder and merges the targets into one. A merge occurs when two targets are within a specified distance from each other. This distance is configurable.
What you should know
- A tracking device loses the target for a period of time, then detects the target
- If a target is hidden from the tracking device for an extended time, perhaps by going behind a building, when the target reappears, the tracking system might detect it as a new target.
- Multiple detection devices detect the same target
- If you have different types of tracking systems in the same zone, such as radar, laser, and thermal detectors, each device might detect the same target.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Properties tab.
- In the Auto fusion section, set State to ON.
In the Sensitivity list, choose on of the following
- Merge two targets that are less than 2.5 metres (8.2 feet) apart, and are moving in the same direction, at the same speed, and at the same time.
- Merge two targets that are less than 1 metre (3.3 feet) apart.
- Merge two targets that are less than 2.5 metres (8.2 feet) apart.
- This is the default setting.
- Merge two targets that are less than 5 metres (16.4 feet) apart.