RSA zones are created to define the boundaries of a restricted area. When a tracking system reports an intrusion, the RSA Surveillance plugin only reports the events that match the coordinates of an armed RSA zone.
Before you begin
- Create a georeferenced map in Security Center.
- Create alarms in Security Center.NOTE: To ensure that no alarm is missed for any target, you must set the alarm's Reactivation threshold to zero seconds.
- Add your tracking system to Security Center.
- Add IP cameras with a view of the tracking system in Security Center.
What you should know
- There are two parts to creating RSA zones:
- Creating the RSA zone entity
- Defining the RSA zone on the map
- If your tracking system has zones already defined in its management software, you can import those zones instead of creating them anew.
- After adding the tracking devices and RSA zones to Security Center, you can see detected targets on Security Center maps.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Zones tab.
Click Add zone ().
The Add zone wizard opens.
- On the Zones page, select Create, and enter a name for the RSA zone.
Select the Type:
- A horizontal RSA zone is represented as a colored shape on a georeferenced Security Center map.
- A vertical RSA zone is represented as a colored shape on an image map to add context to the location of detected intrusions.
- Vertical RSA zones are only used with tracking systems that support vertical mode.
Leave the Coverage zone option off if you want to arm
and disarm the RSA zone, and see event notification bubbles on the map when
intrusions occur in the RSA zone.
NOTE: If you turn on the option, the Schedules and Arm/disarm pages disappear from the wizard.
- Click Next page ().
On the Cameras page, click Add camera
The Select cameras dialog box opens.
- Select the cameras that have a view on the restricted area the RSA zone represents, and then click OK.
If you have multiple cameras, click or to set up the camera
The system uses the cameras defined in this list to track targets that enter this RSA zone when auto-tracking is enabled. If non camera in the list can see the target according to their field of view (FoV) defined on the map, the first camera in the list is displayed.
- For vertical RSA zones, configure the camera overlays.
If you want Security Center to show live video
of a moving target the moment it enters this RSA zone, turn on the
If you turn this option on, you must turn off the native auto-tracking feature on your tracking systems if you are importing cameras from the latter.
- Click Next page ().
(Optional) On the Schedules page, click Add
schedule (), select one or more schedules to use for arming and disarming this RSA zone, click
OK, and then click Next page ().
The system will automatically arm and disarm the zone according the schedules. If no schedule is assigned, you can still arm and disarm the zone manually.
On the Intrusions page, configure the following:
- Add or remove threat categories that you want the intrusion detection algorithm to ignore. Targets that belong to the listed categories are not displayed on the map, and do not generate events when entering this RSA zone.
- Add or remove the target types that you want the intrusion detection algorithm to ignore. Targets that match a listed type are not displayed on the map, and do not generate events when entering this RSA zone.
- Alarm on intrusion
- Select the alarm you want to trigger when an intrusion is detected. The alarm selected for this RSA zone replaces the Default alarm on intrusion on the Zones page.
- Click Next page ().
- (Optional) On the Arm/disarm page, select events to trigger the RSA zone to be armed and disarmed, and the source entity of those events.
Click Finish, and then click
The new RSA zone is displayed in the list of zones.
- Define the RSA zone on the map.
- When using the RSA Surveillance plugin with Security Center 126.96.36.199 or later, restart the plugin to see the changes.
The RSA zone is now associated with the area monitored by the tracking system. When the zone is armed, and the tracking system detects a target, the target is displayed on the map.
Configure the behavior of RSA zones.