To integrate your tracking system in Security Center, you must install the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin on a Security Center expansion server and all client workstations.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- Although it is possible to run the RSA Surveillance plugin on a server that hosts other Security Center roles, it is a best practice to install the plugin on a dedicated expansion server to ensure the availability of Security Center.
- To improve system availability, enable failover for the plugin server.
- Install the plugin on all of the Security Center client workstations from which you plan to monitor restricted security areas.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Stop the Genetec™ Server, and close Security Desk and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed
page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
Creating the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin role