Use the RSA investigation report to investigate all acknowledged targets reported within a time range and geographic area.
Use the report to learn the following:
What you should know
- The types of targets that were detected
- The target identifications if they are available
- When targets were created in Security Center
- When targets were acknowledged
- The RSA zones in which the targets were detected
- The user name of the operator who acknowledged each target
- The average speed (km per hour) at which a target traveled
- The density distribution of the targets on a map by using the Heat map
NOTE: In the RSA investigation report, sometimes the target and path of a fused target do not display on a map. Refresh the map by moving the map around.
- From the Security Desk homepage, open the RSA investigation task.
Choose one or more of the following report filters:
- The type of target that was detected; for example, an animal, vehicle, aircraft, or unknown. When this filter is off, the report includes all types of targets.
- Define an area to query:
- Click to open the Area window.
- Select a map from the list.
- On the map, press and hold Ctrl, while you click and drag to draw a shape.
- Click Select area.
- Displayed area
- If the Heat map is enabled, you can select this option to query the displayed map area.
- The RSA zones configured in the system.
- Average speed
- The average speed of the target from slowest to fastest speed in kilometers per hour.
- Ack time
- The period within which the target was acknowledged.
- Creation time
- The period within which the target was detected.
- The threat category of the target. The default categories are Friend, Undefined, and Hostile.
- The reason for the target acknowledgment. The reasons include the following:
- The target was acknowledged in a version of the RSA Surveillance plugin earlier than 4.0.
- An alarm associated with the intrusion was acknowledged.
- Manual acknowledgment
- The target was manually acknowledged in Security Desk.
- Incident state change
- The state of the Genetec Mission Control™ incident changed.
- The target was automatically acknowledged by the system after the Inactivity period before acknowledgment has elapsed.
- Zone in maintenance
- The target was acknowledged because the RSA zone it was detected in was set to maintenance mode.
- The identification of the target.
Click Generate report.
The targets are listed in the report pane.
In the report pane, click a target to display it on the map, or enable Heat map to view
the density distribution.
NOTE: If the Heat map is enabled, you can select which map you want to analyze by clicking . The displayed density is a color gradient from red (high number of targets) to blue (low number of targets).
- In the Replay widget, click Play () to replay the target's path and to request associated video.
- View the selected target's speed and direction in the Target widget.
- Click View surrounding cameras () to watch the video from the cameras currently associated to the related RSA zone.
- If a description was added for the target, click Describe target () to view it.