Before you install the plugin, you must enable the SALTO SHIP server by using SALTO ProAccess SPACE.
What you should know
- Do this task before you install the Genetec™ SALTO Virtual Network plugin.
- You will need the URL, user name, and password for SALTO ProAccess SPACE.
- If the names of commands and controls in this topic do not match what you see in SALTO ProAccess SPACE, consult the SALTO ProAccess SPACE help system.
- Log on to SALTO ProAccess SPACE.
- From the System menu, click General Options.
- Click the SHIP tab.
- In the SALTO SERVER (SHIP) section, select Enable.
- Specify the TCP/IP port that the Genetec™ SALTO Virtual Network plugin and the SHIP server use to communicate.
(Optional) To protect your data, specify that only the SALTO Virtual Network plugin can connect with the SHIP server by doing the following:
- Select Limit communications to one server.
- Enter the IP address of the computer that hosts the Genetec™ SALTO Virtual Network plugin.
Clear the HOST SERVER (SHIP) checkbox.
On the General Options page, click the Users tab, then do the following:
- Select Openings are included in the key's auditor.
- Select Discarded openings are also included in the key's auditor.
On the General Options page, click the Access points tab, and then select Audit also denied access attempts.
The SHIP server is ready to communicate with the SALTO Virtual Network plugin.
Install the plugin.