The SALTO Virtual Network plugin uses the SALTO Virtual Network SHIP service to communicate with the SALTO Virtual Network Virtual Network (SVN).
The SALTO Virtual Network Virtual Network (SVN) is an access control system that stores and distributes access data on credentials (keys). By integrating SALTO Virtual Network with Security Center, your security personnel can use Security Center to manage cardholders and credentials, monitor cardholder and door activity, and view the battery level of battery-powered door readers.
The following components comprise a SALTO Virtual Network integration in Security Center.
- An OFFLINE access point is a battery-powered reader on a door. SALTO Virtual Network can be configured so that when a credential is presented to the reader, it sends a list of deleted cards and user access rights to the reader; and then the reader sends its battery status and a list of access events to the credential.
- An ONLINE access point is a reader that connects to the building's IP network. SALTO Virtual Network can be configured so that when a credential is presented to the reader, it sends all of its user access events and the battery status of all doors visited to the reader; the reader sends the card's information to the SALTO Virtual Network server, and then updates the credential with a list of deleted credentials and user access rights.
- The SALTO Virtual Network server hosts the following components:
- SALTO ProAccess SPACE: a web-based access control management tool that you use to create the doors, lockers, and areas (SALTO Virtual Network zones) to be managed in Security Center.
- SALTO SHIP server is a Web service developed by SALTO. It is used to communicate with the plugin for Security Center.
- The Genetec™ SALTO Virtual Network plugin defines the connection information for the SALTO SHIP server, synchronizes Security Center with SALTO Virtual Network, and provides the SALTO Virtual Network reports in Security Center. The plugin must be installed on every Security Center computer that will be used to generate SALTO Virtual Network reports and to synchronize with SALTO Virtual Network.