To grant cardholders access to secured SALTO areas (zones), you must assign a SALTO credential to the cardholders.
What you should know
- A cardholder can be assigned credentials from multiple access control systems.
- Only ethernet-based encoders are supported.
- You cannot apply SALTO Hospitality credentials to a Security Center cardholder.
- In Config Tool or Security Desk, open the Cardholder management task.
- Double-click a cardholder.
- Click the Salto credential management button.
From the list at the top of the dialog box, select Key
credential or Manual key
NOTE: In order to have Manual key credential as an option, you must go to , and switch the Enable manual key assignment option to ON.
- From the Encoders list, select the encoder that will apply the credential to the key.
- Place the key on the encoder.
The Credential status changes to Active when the credential is assigned.
Apply SALTO permissions to cardholder credentials.