To integrate SALTO Virtual Network into Security Center, you must install the SALTO Virtual Network plugin on a Security Center server and on all client workstations.
Before you begin
What you should know
- As a best practice, host the plugin role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- To minimize manipulator-in-the-middle attacks, install the SALTO SHIP server and expansion
server hosting the SALTO Virtual Network plugin on the same system.NOTE: If you are unable to install both servers on the same system, then ensure that the expansion server and the plugin are on the same closed network.
- For your operators to have access to the features added by this plugin, you must install this plugin on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Stop the Genetec™ Server service, and close Security Desk and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed
page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: You must restart Genetec™ Server to complete the installation. This option is selected by default.
You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately.