You can create, modify, and delete guard tours from the Tours tab of the SPS CheckPoint plugin role.
Before you begin
- Create the SPS CheckPoint plugin role
- Make sure there is a cardholder for the person who will do the tour.
- Confirm that the SMTP server is configured in Server Admin.
What you should know
- You can create an unlimited number of tours.
- Checkpoints can be cleared by triggering supported events on the respective entity type.
- After adding all the checkpoints, you can email the list of checkpoints to the personnel who will perform the tour, the supervisors in the central office who will monitor the tour, or to yourself as a backup. The SMTP server must be configured in Server Admin, and each person must have Security Center user account with a valid email address.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Security Patrol System plugin role from the entity browser.
On the Tours tab, click (Add a new
You might need to wait a minute for the system to create the first tour.Tip: Mandatory fields are highlighted in red. A tour can only be enabled when all mandatory fields are filled.
Define the tour:
- The name for the guard tour.
- Time zone
- The time zone where the tour will run.
- None: There is no deadline for this tour. The tour can be completed in any amount of time.
- Per checkpoint: Each checkpoint must be reached within the allotted time and in sequence.
- Per tour: The tour must be completed within the allotted time.
- Tour deadline
- When there is a deadline per tour, this is the amount of time, in minutes, that the entire tour must be completed. The default is 60 minutes.
Click the Add checkpoints to the tour () button, choose
one or more entities, and then press OK.
Tip: To select multiple entities, press the CTRL key while selecting entities.
Define the checkpoints:
- In the Event column, click the Add event to checkpoint () button.
- Select a Security Center event, or click Load and select a custom event.
- If a deadline is set per checkpoint, specify the minimum and maximum time in the Min. minutes to checkpoint and Max. minutes to checkpoint columns.
If checkpoints must be completed in sequence, select the Complete checkpoints in order
check box, and then use the up () and down
arrows to arrange the checkpoints.
Checkpoints must be completed in order when there is a deadline per checkpoint.
- To exclude a checkpoint from the tour, select the check box.
- Add the cardholders who will do this tour.
To start the tour from a checkpoint, In the Begin tour list, select one of the following:
Choose Other if you don't want tours started from a checkpoint.
- On first checkpointFrom any checkpoint
To control this tour from Security
Select the check box.
Users can now start, stop, pause and resume tours; and extend checkpoint deadlines from the Tour monitoring task in Security Desk.
- Select the check box.
To start tours automatically:
In the following example, this tour will start on the first time in the Weekend schedule, and then thereafter every 90 minutes, until the Weekend schedule ends.
- Select the Start tour automatically on schedule check box.
- Click Schedule, select a schedule from the list, and then click Save.
- In Start tour every field, enter the time in minutes when this tour will begin again. The default is 60 minutes, the minimum is 1 minute, and the maximum is 999 minutes (16.5 hours).
- (Optional) Change the custom events assigned to this tour.
- To share the list of checkpoints, click Email tour configuration, choose recipients, and then click OK.
- Move the Status slider to ON to display the tour in the Tour monitoring task of Security Desk.
- Click Apply.
This enabled tour is listed in the Tour monitoring task in Security Desk.