It is important to protect your data by scheduling regular database backups. Also, regularly clean your database to remove old data so that the database does not grow beyond its capacity. If the database is full, your integration might stop working.
What you should know
- The plugin database contains the plugin events and cardholder information associated with Schindler PORT.
- It is a best practice to schedule all database maintenance during non-peak hours.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Schindler PORT Elevator plugin role from the entity browser and click the Resources tab.
Click Cleanup (), choose how long to keep events and when to delete old
data, and then click OK.
NOTE: By default, the Keep data setting is set to 30 days and the Clean each setting is set to custom and has no clean up day specified. This means that data will never be cleaned up unless you select a day on which it will occur. Parking signs typically change messages frequently, which makes them likely to cause issues related to excessive data accumulation. If your organization has many parking signs, you should consider one of the following options:
- Decrease the retention period for your data in the Database cleanup window
- Upgrade your SQL subscription to accommodate more data and increase your local data storage capacity
Click Backup/Restore (), choose the location for backup files, enable
automatic backups at least once per week, and then click
For more information, see Backing up databases.
- Click Apply.