Using the Schindler PORT Elevator plugin, you must create entities (floors, zones, and terminals) in Security Center to match how the physical building structure appears in the Schindler PORT system.
The entity types in your building have different types functionality:
What you should know
- Zones can have access control rules applied to them.
- Terminals can have Synergis™ readers connected to them.
- Floors and elevators are only used for monitoring and reporting tasks.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Right-click on the elevator system in the entity browser, and then click Configure elevator system.
- In the Configure elevator system dialog box, enter the floors, zones, and terminals located in your building.
- Click OK.
The floor, zone, and terminal entities are displayed under the Schindler PORT plugin role in the entity browser.
NOTE: The access control slider in the Identity tab of floor entities does not relate to the elevator system.
Apply access control rules to your zones.