An intrusion detection area is a type of entity that corresponds to a zone or a partition (group of sensors) on an intrusion panel.
Intrusion detection areas might be created automatically by the Intrusion Manager role when the intrusion panels on which they are configured are enrolled to your system.
Intrusion detection areas are not configurable for the most part, except for the cameras assigned to them for monitoring purposes in Security Desk and the event-to-actions. They are automatically updated when the zones they correspond to are updated on the intrusion panels.
- Master arm
- Master arm is arming an intrusion detection area in such a way that all sensors attributed to the area would set the alarm off if one of them is triggered. Some manufacturers call this arming mode “Away arming”.
- Perimeter arm
- Perimeter arm is arming an intrusion detection area in such a way that only sensors attributed to the area perimeter set the alarm off if triggered. Other sensors, such as motion sensors inside the area, are ignored.
- Disarm the area, by causing all sensors attributed to the selected intrusion detection area to be ignored by the intrusion panel.
- Trigger intrusion alarm
- Trigger an intrusion alarm on the selected intrusion detection area.
- Silence alarm
- If there is an active alarm on the selected intrusion detection area, stop the siren on the intrusion panel from beeping. Depending on your intrusion panel and the type of alarm, clicking Silence alarm might also acknowledge the alarm.
- Acknowledge alarm
- Acknowledge the intrusion alarm on the selected intrusion detection area.