The Media Gateway is a role used by Security Center Web Client and external applications to request live and playback video using the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), and to receive raw video streams from cameras managed by Security Center systems.
- It supports the standard RFC 2326.
- It requires a valid license that provides one or more RTSP streams, as indicated by the Number of RTSP streams license option.
- A single instance of this role is permitted per system.
- The role can be assigned to multiple servers for load distribution.
- Live and playback video can be requested, but non-video streams such as audio, PTZ commands, overlays, and metadata are not supported.
- The default RTSP port is 654.