This section lists the settings found in the General settings view of the Access control task.
The Access control – General settings view lets you configure the general settings pertaining to access control, and to install and configure custom card formats.
- Trigger event ‘Entity is expiring soon’
- Turn this option on (default=off) to have Security Center generate the Entity is expiring soon event n days before a cardholder or a credential expires, which can trigger an action to warn someone about the upcoming expiry.
- Create incident before door state override
- Turn this option on (default=off) to prompt the Security Desk user to report an incident every time they lock or unlock a door manually, or override the unlock schedule assigned to the door.
- Card request reasons
- Add reasons that users can choose from to explain why they are requesting a credential card to be printed (for example, no printer on site).
- Maximum picture file size
- Set the maximum file size (default=20 KB) for pictures (such as a cardholder picture) stored in the Directory database to save disk space.
- Custom card formats
- Lists the custom card formats defined in your system, and allows you to add, delete, or modify them.
- Mobile credential providers
- Lists the mobile credential providers and profiles defined in your system, and allows you to add, delete, or modify them.