To control access in your system, and monitor access control-related events in Security Center, you must add access control units to an Access Manager.
Before you begin
The HID units you plan to add must be online, and you must know their IP addresses and login credentials (username and password).
What you should know
- Open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Click Add an entity () and select Access control unit.
- From the Network endpoint list in the Unit information tab, select the Access Manager that will manage the unit.
Click Unit type and select HID
If the unit type is greyed-out, the extension is not added in the Access Manager.
- Enter the IP address of the HID unit.
Enable the Secure mode option (default=enabled).
Enabling secure mode disables the unsecure protocols FTP and Telnet. It also makes the connection between the Access Manager and HID units less susceptible to network impairments. Make sure your HID unit meets the minimum supported firmware specified on that page. If not, the enrollment will fail.
Enter the Username and Password.
NOTE: If secure mode is enabled, you must provide the admin password. If secure mode is not enabled, you must provide the root password (default=
- If there is a NAT router between the unit and its Access Manager, select Use translated host address and specify the NAT router’s IP address that is visible from the unit.
- Click Next.
Review the Creation summary, and click
The Access Manager attempts to connect to the unit and enrolls it in your system. When the process is successfully completed, a confirmation message appears.
The newly added access control unit appears under the Access Manager it was assigned to in the Roles and units view.NOTE: It might take a few minutes before the unit can be used, as it undergoes automatic synchronization. This process involves the Access Manager sending schedules, access rules, and cardholder information to the unit. The unit saves the information locally so that it can operate even if the Access Manager is unavailable.
Confirm that the unit successfully synchronized with Access Manager:
- From the Roles and units view, select the access control unit that was just added.
- Click the Synchronization tab, and check the date and time of the Last update.