You can add cameras to your maps to allow Security Desk operators to monitor live video and camera events, manage alarms, and control PTZ cameras and recording from maps.
Before you begin
- Create the map where you want to add your cameras.
- Make sure you have cameras in your Security Center system.
To create a more realistic effect when the map is displayed in the Maps task or Monitoring task in Security Desk, you can block the field of view of your cameras by drawing walls and other obstacles on your map.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Select one of the Recent maps or click Browse
all maps to open an existing map.
The selected map fills the Map designer workspace.
In the toolbar, click Area view (), select the camera you want to add, and drag
it to where you want it to be on the map.
The widgets for configuring the map object appear in the right panel. The map object always takes on the identity of the entity it represents.
- Click Preview video to show a live video preview in a tile bubble.
Select Show field of view, and set the FOV
IMPORTANT: You must set the FOV properties even if you do not intend to show the FOV on the map. The orientation, width, and maximum distance of the FOV are necessary for the Smart click feature to work properly.Tip: Alternatively, you can adjust the orientation and the length of the FOV with the mouse.NOTE: If the map that you are adding the camera to is an imported image file, you must set the scale of the map to give meaning to the distances in the field of view properties. You can do this by georeferencing the map, or by setting the scale of the map.
- Length of the FOV as it appears on the map.
- Direction the camera is pointing.
- Width of the FOV as it appears on the map.
- Max. distance
- How far the camera can see. Mainly for Smart click calculations.
- Distance of the camera from the ground.Tip: Clicking Start test field of view shows blind spots created by other objects on the map.
Select the camera events you wish to monitor on the map.
- Show motion
- Shows the camera icon with a green ripple effect () on Motion on event.
- Show recording
- Shows the camera icon with a red button () when recording is on.
- In the Map designer toolbar, click Save ().