You must add map objects to your maps for your maps to be interactive.
.Create the map where you want to add the map objects.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Map objects are graphical representations of Security Center entities or any geographical feature (cities, highways, rivers, and so on) on your maps. With map objects, you can interact with your system without leaving your map.
- If you are creating a map that shares cameras or other entities with another map, you can copy and paste the entities and their configurations from one map to another.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Select one of the Recent maps or click Browse
all maps to open an existing map.
The selected map fills the Map designer workspace.
Do one of the following:
- Add an access control unit.
- Add an area.
- Add a door.
- Add a camera.
- Add a camera sequence.
- Add a layout.
- Add a fixed LPR camera.
- Add an alarm.
- Add an intrusion detection area.
- Adding intrusion detection units and related entities to your maps
- Add a zone.
- Add an input pin.
- Add an output relay.
- Add a KML object.
- Add a macro.
- Add a point of interest.
View and test your map objects in Security Desk with the Maps task.