To monitor video in Security Center, you must add video units to an Archiver.
Before you begin
You must know the manufacturer, the product type (model or series), the IP address, and the login credentials (username and password) for the units you plan to add.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
.The Manual add dialog box opens.
- If you have multiple Archiver roles, select one to manage the unit from the Archiver drop-down list.
- Select the unit’s manufacturer and product type.
Enter the IP address and HTTP port of the unit.
To add multiple units in a single operation, use a range of IP addresses.
Select which credentials the Archiver uses to connect to the unit.
- Default login
- Use the default login credentials defined in the manufacturer’s extension for this Archiver. If the extension has not yet been defined, blank credentials are used.
- Enter the specific login credentials used by this unit. This can be changed to Use default login later during video unit configuration.
- If the video unit is configured to use HTTPS, turn on HTTPS and enter the HTTPS port of the unit.
Complete all other settings as necessary, and click Add.
If the manufacturer’s extension does not exist, it is created for you.
If the added camera is an encoder with multiple streams available, each stream is added with the Camera - n string appended to the camera name, n representing the stream number. For an IP camera with only one stream available, the camera name is not modified.NOTE: If the manufacturer supports automatic discovery, all other units on your system with the same discovery port are automatically added to the same Archiver, in addition to those added manually.
- To refresh the Role view, press F5.
The new video units are added under the selected Archiver entity.
After you finish
If necessary, change the default settings of the video units from their configuration tabs.
If you are experiencing issues adding a video unit, you can troubleshoot the problem.