You can use the Camera recording tab to configure the default recording settings applied to all cameras associated to an Auxiliary Archiver. Recording settings defined on the Recording tab of an individual camera supersede the settings defined on the Camera recording tab of the Auxiliary Archiver.
The Camera recording tab includes the following settings:
- Video stream
- Select the default video stream that the Auxiliary Archiver should record for each camera. The video streams are configured for each individual camera.
- Recording modes
- Apply different recording modes on different schedules.
- Records continuously. Recording cannot be stopped by the user ().
- Records when triggered manually by a user. In this mode, the Record button for the Auxiliary Archiver in the tile context menu in Security
Desk appears one of the following ways:
- Grey () when the Auxiliary Archiver is not recording
- Red () when the Auxiliary Archiver is recording
- Recording is specified by a custom schedule. You can use the custom schedule
that was created with the installer assistant, or click to add a custom recording schedule that was
created using the System task. For more information about
creating schedules using the System task, see Creating schedules.CAUTION:Recording schedules of the same type (for example, two daily schedules) cannot overlap, regardless of the recording mode configured for each. When a scheduling conflict exists, the Archiver and the video units are displayed in yellow in the entity browser and they issue entity warning messages.
- Recording is off (), even when an alarm is triggered.
- Record audio
- Switch ON to record audio with your video. A microphone
entity must be attached to your cameras for this option to work. For more information,
see Configuring camera settings.NOTE: It is not necessary for the attached devices to belong to the same unit as the video encoder. However, for audio recording to work, ensure that the microphone belongs to a unit managed by the same Archiver, with the same Archiver extension, as the video encoder.
- Record metadata
- Switch ON to record metadata (such as overlays) with your video.
- Automatic cleanup
- Specify a retention period for recorded video (in days). Video archives older than this period are deleted.