You can add new sound files to Genetec Patroller™ to use for LPR events by manually copying the files to the Genetec Patroller™ in-vehicle computer.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The sound files must be .wav format.
- You can replace a default sound file with a new sound file that has the same file
Example: If you have a file called alert.wav, and you want to use it for a permit hit, you must rename your file to PermitHitEvent to match the default sound file name before copying it to the Sounds folder (either manually or through the updater service). This way it overwrites the default sound file, and Genetec Patroller™ can play it.
- Sounds for hotlist hits have more flexibility. You can overwrite the default sound
HotlistHitEvent in the Sounds folder, or
you can use a different filename for each hotlist loaded in Genetec
Patroller™, as long as you specify the path to each
hotlist’s sound file in Security Center
Tool. Best Practice: New hotlist sound files can be stored anywhere on the in-vehicle computer, but you should keep them in the same Sounds folder as the default sound files. This makes it easier to update them later.
To replace a sound file:
To overwrite the default sound files, do the following:
- Open the folder C:\Program Files\Genetec AutoVu X.Y\MobileClient\Config\Sounds.
- Rename your new sound file to match the default file you want to overwrite.
- Copy your renamed sound file to the Sounds folder so that it overwrites the default file.
Patroller™ for your changes to take
To configure a unique sound for each hotlist:
- Copy your new sound file to any location on the in-vehicle computer.
- Open Config Tool and select the LPR task.
- Select the hotlist to configure, and click the Advanced tab.
In the Sound file field, specify the path and filename to
the sound file on the in-vehicle computer.
To configure sounds for additional hotlists, repeat Steps 3 and 4.