To receive LPR data in Security Center with a fixed AutoVu™ system, you must configure the LPR Manager listening and discovery port to find Sharp units on the network and send the data to Security Center, and select which LPR images fixed Sharp units should send to Security Center when reading a plate.
Before you begin
You must know the IP address of the computer that is hosting the LPR Manager role.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, click , and then select the LPR Manager you want to configure.
- Click the Properties tab, and then click Live.
Under Network, configure the following ports:
- Listening port
- Port used to listen for connection requests coming from fixed Sharp cameras (and patrol vehicles). After the connection is established, the LPR Manager can receive live updates from the LPR units it manages. The default listening port number is 8731.
- Sharp discovery port
- Port used by the LPR Manager to find fixed Sharp units on the network. IMPORTANT:
- Each LPR Manager must use a unique discovery port.
- When setting the discovery port, do not use port 5050 as it is reserved for the logger service.
Under Send on read (fixed Sharp only), configure the
- License plate image
- Include the high resolution close-up image of the license plate along with the plate read data.
- Context image
- Include the wide angle context image of the vehicle along with the plate read data.
These images are displayed in Security Desk when monitoring LPR events.
After you finish
- Make sure the Sharp discovery port matches the port number in the Sharp Portal.
- To ensure that plate reads have the correct timestamp, configure the time zone of the fixed Sharp units.
- To plot the LPR events (reads and hits) associated with the Sharp units on the map in Security Desk, configure the geographical location of the Sharp units.