The Advanced tab is where you configure hotlist properties such as the color of a hotlist hit and the sound file that plays when a hotlist hit occurs. These properties are not required for all hotlists, but allow you to customize hotlists for specific scenarios.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, click , and select the hotlist you want to configure.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Beside Color, click the colored block and assign a new color to
The map symbol that marks the location of the hotlist hit in Security Desk and Genetec Patroller™ will appear in that color, as well as in the Hotlist Hit and Review Hits screen in Genetec Patroller™.
- Turn on Use wildcards to activate wildcard hotlists.
- Turn on Covert if you want to set the hotlist to a covert hotlist. When you choose this setting, Genetec Patroller™ users are not alerted when a hit occurs. Only users with sufficient privileges can view covert hit in Security Desk
- Enter an Email address that receives a notification when the hotlist you’re configuring generates a hit.
- Enter the path for the Sound file Genetec Patroller™ plays when a hotlist hit occurs. If you leave this field blank, Genetec Patroller™ plays its default sounds. The path (you must include the filename) indicates the file’s location on the Genetec Patroller™ in-vehicle computer.
- Turn on Override privacy for emails if you want to bypass any privacy settings you applied at the Directory level, and send an email with real LPR data to the email address you specified for this particular hotlist.
Turn on Disable periodic transfer if you only want permit
changes to be downloaded to Genetec
Patroller™ when the
user logs on to the application. This option requires a wireless connection between
Patroller™ and Security Center.
Turn on Enable transfer modification if you want to transfer hotlist modifications to Genetec Patroller™ as soon as they occur. For example, you can use this option on a hotlist to force Genetec Patroller™ to query for changes more frequently than the periodic transfer period (which applies to all hotlists). This can be useful for Amber alerts because they can be added to a specific hotlist and sent to a Genetec Patroller™ almost immediately. This option requires a continuous wireless connection between Genetec Patroller™ and Security Center.