To transfer video recordings from video units to Security Center, you must configure the video transfer settings for those cameras, such as the type of video data you want to download, and when.
Enable edge recording on all required cameras.
Before you begin
- In the Config Tool home page, open the Archive transfer task.
- Click .
- In the Transfer group properties dialog box, enter a name for this archive transfer scenario.
In the Sources section, click Add an item (), select the cameras you want, and then click
Tip: Hold Ctrl or Shift to select multiple cameras.
For Recurrence, select a schedule for the archive
NOTE: If you set a maximum duration to transfer files on a Daily or Weekly schedule, ongoing transfers are stopped at the specified time, and will resume from the last successfully transferred video frame at the next scheduled transfer. If you do not set a maximum duration, and the transfer is still in progress at the beginning of the next scheduled transfer, then the new transfer starts when the current transfer is completed.Transferring archives on a schedule is recommended for fixed cameras with limited network bandwidth. The transfer can be scheduled for a time when network demand is low.
- Transfer archives manually.
- Transfer archives every 1-59 minutes.
- Transfer archives every 1-23 hours.
- Transfer archives every day at the specified time. Optionally, set a maximum duration for the transfer to complete.
- Transfer archives every week, on specific days at the specified time. Optionally, set a maximum duration for the transfer to complete.
To retrieve archives upon connection to the network, set the Upon
reconnection to ON, and specify how many seconds the
Archiver must wait before querying the edge device for archives to transfer. The edge
device must have enough time to finish writing the video it is recording to local storage
before starting the transfer.
This option is recommended for cameras connected to mobile units that regularly move into and out of Wi-Fi coverage. It is also helpful if you have an unstable network where your cameras frequently go on and offline.
- Under Data, select All to transfer everything since the last successful transfer, or Specific to transfer specific sequences based on event filters.
If you select Specific, select the data types to transfer:
- All archives when the camera was offline
- Transfer video segments recorded between Unit lost and Unit discovered events.
- Transfer video segments related to alarm events. The record of the alarm itself is not transferred.
- Transfer video segments that contain bookmarks.
- Input triggers
- Transfer video segments that contain input events.
- Motion events
- Transfer video segments recorded between Motion on and Motion off events. This option only applies to unit motion detection.
- Video analytics events
- Transfer video segments that contain video analytics events.
- Time range
- Transfer video segments recorded during a specific period. You can specify a time range or a relative time range, such as the last n days, hours, or minutes.
Event-based transfer only: If you selected specific data, specify how many seconds of
video should be transferred before and after the event occurs.
If you select the Motion events filter, this setting indicates how many seconds of video preceding the Motion on event, and how many seconds of video following the Motion off event are included in the transfer.
- Click Save.