If your primary Archiver server goes offline and failover occurs, after the server restarts you can consolidate video archives for the period it was offline. To do this, use the archive consolidation feature to duplicate the video archives from the secondary or tertiary Archiver on the primary Archiver.
Before you begin
What you should know
If archive consolidation is enabled and you change the primary Archiver server, archives that are missing from the timeline of the new primary server are copied from the secondary and tertiary servers, if the archives are available.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task, and select the Archiver you want to configure.
- Click the Resources tab, and then click Advanced settings.
In the Advanced settings dialog box, switch the Enable archive consolidation option to ON.
.The archive consolidation feature is enabled, and a Default consolidation transfer group is created. If the primary Archiver server fails and restarts, video archives from the standby servers are transferred to fill in the gaps every hour, if archives are available.
(Optional) To see the Default consolidation transfer group and its transfer settings in Config
Tool, do the following:
You can now view the Default consolidation transfer group in the Archive transfer task in Config Tool.
Open the GeneralSettings.gconfig file that is located in the Security Center installation folder.
The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.7 on a 64-bit computer and C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.7 on a 32-bit computer.
Add the following line of code:
<archiveTransfer ViewArchiveConsolidationTransfer="true" />
- Save the file .
- Open the GeneralSettings.gconfig file that is located in the Security Center installation folder.
(Optional) If you want to change the video transfer settings, do the following:
- Open the Archive transfer task.
- Double-click the Default consolidation transfer group.
In the Transfer group properties dialog box, type a new name for the group in the Name field.
- In the Recurrence option, select how often you want the transfer to occur.
- In the Allow n Simultaneous transfers option, select the number of cameras for which to transfer video from simultaneously.
- Click Save.