To have the inputs on one Synergis™ unit trigger output relays on other Synergis™ units (even when some, or none of them are connected to the Access Manager), you must create an I/O zone in Security Center.
Before you begin
Do the following:
- Configure the Access Manager role that will manage the zone.
- Add the Synergis™ units that will be linked by the zone.
- Make sure all units are running Synergis™ Softwire version 10.2 or later.
An I/O zone allows you to program the I/O linking behavior on multiple Synergis™ units, with one unit designated as the master unit. All units must be managed by the same Access Manager. An I/O zone can be armed and disarmed from Security Desk as long as the master unit is online.
What you should know
- Open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity () > Zone.
- In the zone creation wizard, enter a name and description for the zone.
- Select the area this zone is part of in Location, and click Next.
- In the Zone information page, click I/O zone.
From the dialog box, select the Synergis™ unit that will play the role of master
unit among its peers, and click OK.
The master unit is the Synergis™ unit that you select to do I/O linking. Once your choice is made, it cannot be changed after the I/O zone is created.
- Click .