Once the physical wiring between the access control unit and the door is complete, you can create and configure the door in Config Tool.
Before you begin
Wire your doors to access control units.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the area where you want to add the door.
- Click Add an entity () > Door.
- In the Creating a door wizard, enter the door name and description.
- From the Location drop-down list, select the area in which the door will be created, and click Next.
In the Door information page, assign names to the door
In/Out, Secure/Non-secure, Entrance/Exit, East/West.
To associate the door with the access control unit it is wired to:
- From the Access control unit drop-down list, select a unit.
- From the Interface module drop-down list, select an interface module.
- From the Type of door drop-down list, select a door type.
- Click Next.
Review the Creation summary, and click
The new door appears in the area view’s entity tree.
- Select the door and click the Properties tab.
- Configure the general access control behavior of the door.
- Click Apply.
- Describe the wiring between the access control unit and the door to Security Center.
- Select who has access to the door.
Link the door to the areas it secures.