To have a zone that can operate on its own even when the access control unit is not connected to the Access Manager, you must create a hardware zone in Security Center.
Before you begin
A hardware zone allows you to program the I/O linking behavior on an access control unit so it can operate on its own. Hardware zones can only be controlled by a single access control unit.
What you should know
- Open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity () > Zone.
- In the zone creation wizard, enter a name and description for the zone.
- Select the area this zone is part of in Location, and click Next.
- On the Zone information page, click Hardware zone.
- From the dialog box, select the access control unit to control this zone and click OK.
- Click .