To use a hotlist in Security Center, you must create the hotlist, map it to its source text file, and configure it for your enforcement scenario.
Before you begin
Create the hotlist source text file (.txt or .csv).
What you should know
- Hotlists can be used with any type of AutoVu™ fixed or mobile system.
- The source text file must be located on a drive that is accessible from the computer hosting the LPR Manager.
From the Config
Tool home page, click , then click Hotlist ().
The Creating a hotlist wizard opens.
On the Basic information tab, in the Entity
name field, type a name for the hotlist and click
NOTE: The Entity description is optional.
Set the priority of the hotlist using the Priority slider.
Zero (0) is the highest priority setting and 100 is the lowest. If a plate read matches more than one hotlist, the hotlist with the highest priority is displayed first in the list of hotlist matches.
Enter the Hotlist path on the computer where the hotlist’s
source text file is located.
If you start typing a path to a network drive, you might have to enter a Username and Password to access the network drive. The fields will appear if this is the case.
If the attribute fields in the source text file vary in length, switch the
Use delimiters option to ON, and enter the
type of character (delimiter) used to separate each field.
By default, Use delimiters is set to ON, and the delimiter specified is a semi-colon (;). If your source text file is made up of fixed length fields, set Use delimiters to Off. Security Center supports the following delimiters:
IMPORTANT: If your source list file uses Tab as a delimiter, only use one Tab space. Do not use more than one Tab space to align columns in your file, or Security Center might not be able to parse the hotlist.
- Colon (:)
- Comma (,)
- Semi-colon (;)
- Tab (type “Tab”)
(Optional) If you don't want users to be allowed to edit this hotlist in Security
Desk, turn off Visible in
NOTE: To edit a hotlist in Security Desk, users must have the Hotlist and permit editor privilege.
- Configure the hotlist Attributes, and click Next. See Configuring hotlist and permit attributes.
On the LPR Manager assignment page, choose one of the following,
then click Next.
- All LPR Managers. All LPR Managers and any entities
configured to inherit hotlists from them will synchronize the new hotlist.NOTE: Future LPR Managers will not automatically synchronize the new hotlist.
- Specific LPR Managers. Only the selected LPR Managers and
the entities that inherit hotlists from them will synchronize the new
hotlist.NOTE: Entities created in the future that are configured to inherit hotlists from one of the selected LPR Managers will also synchronize the hotlist.
- Assign later. No existing LPR Managers and associated entities will synchronize the new hotlist. For more information on how to assign a hotlist to an LPR Manager at a later time, see Selecting which hotlists and permits a patrol vehicle monitors.
- All LPR Managers. All LPR Managers and any entities configured to inherit hotlists from them will synchronize the new hotlist.
- In the Unit specific assignment page, select the specific patrol vehicles and or Sharps that will synchronize the new hotlist, and click Next.
(Optional) If you have custom fields, enter the appropriate values on the
Custom fields page and click Next.
NOTE: The Custom fields page does not appear if there are no custom fields in your hotlist.
- In the Creation summary window, check to see that your hotlist information is correct and click Next.
- In the Entity creation outcome window, you will receive a notification whether or not your operation is successful.
(Optional) Choose one of the following:
- Edit this hotlist. Opens the Hotlist and permit
editor task so you can edit the hotlist.NOTE: To edit a hotlist, you must have the Hotlist and permit editor privilege.
- Create a hotlist based on this hotlist: Create a new hotlist that uses the same settings as the hotlist you just created. You only need to specify the Entity name, Entity description, and Hotlist path.
- Edit this hotlist. Opens the Hotlist and permit editor task so you can edit the hotlist.
- Click Close.
The hotlist entity is configured and enabled in Security Center.