You can create personalized maps of your site and floor plans of your buildings, by importing their background image from image files.
All maps must be attached to an area.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
- Click Create ().
- From the area tree, select the area you want to attach your map to, or click New area () to create a new one.
- (Optional) Select the icon to represent your area with a map (Default = ).
- Click Next.
For the type of map background, select the Image option, and click Select file.
In the file browser that appears, select an image file (.png, .jpg, .pdf, and so on), and click Open.
The selected image appears in the preview window.
- If necessary, move to the desired page, and then rotate and crop the image.
Click Advanced settings () , and set the
- The resolution of the image.
- The background color of the image.
- Click Next.
Set your map scale using one of the following options:
NOTE: As an alternative to setting the scale of the map, you can georeference the map.
- Floor plan for a small area such as a cafeteria or an auditorium.
- Floor plan for a large area such as a building floor, a stadium, or a warehouse.
- Site map for an airport, a mall, or a university campus.
- City map. For example: Montreal, New York, Paris, London, Tokyo.
Click Create to generate the map.
The created map is displayed in the Map designer workspace.
- If required, set a set a specific scale for the imported map image.
- Configure the default map view and other presets.
- Configure the default information to display when someone opens this map.
- In the Map designer toolbar, click Save ().
Add map objects to your map.