To integrate a variety of video capabilities, you can deploy your video surveillance system once the pre-configuration steps are completed.
Before you begin
What you should know
Information about how to set up a typical video installation is described here. Your process might be different, depending on your specific installation requirements.
- Use the Admin account on Config Tool to connect to your system.
Create a partition for each
independent group of entities.
By defining the partitions first, you will not have to move entities around after you have created them.
- To organize the entities in your system (areas, doors, and so on), configure the area view.
- Configure the Archiver role.
- Configure your networking environment.
- If necessary, set up additional Archiver roles.
- Configure the Auxiliary Archiver roles.
- Configure the Media Router role.
- Define custom fields for your system entities.
- Create user groups and create users.
- If necessary, federate remote Omnicast™ systems.
- Create alarms.