To copy video archives from one Archiver to another, you can duplicate specific archives on a schedule using archive transfer. Duplicate archives can be queried in Security Desk.
What you should know
Video transfer between Archivers is helpful in the following scenarios:
- For multi-tiered storage solutions: High quality video is recorded in real-time on the first Archiver, which uses a costly, high-performance storage device. Important video files are periodically duplicated on the second Archiver, which uses a slower device that is better for long-term storage.
- If you moved video units to a new Archiver using the Move unit tool and you also want to transfer the video archives from those cameras to the new Archiver.
- Transferring video recordings from a federated site to a central system for long-term storage, local investigations, and to manage bandwidth.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task, and select a source Archiver to duplicate.
- Click the Resources tab, and then click Advanced settings.
Set Max archive transfer throughput to the maximum bandwidth
available to the Archiver for archive transfer.
This setting ensures that enough network bandwidth is available for live video and playback requests.
- In the Config Tool home page, open the Archive transfer task.
- Click .
- In the Transfer group properties dialog box, name this archive transfer scenario.
In the Sources section, click Add an item (), select the cameras or Archivers you want,
and then click Add.
When a camera is selected as a source, the transfer will include associated video from all Archivers.Tip: Hold Ctrl or Shift to select multiple cameras or Archivers.
- From the Destination drop-down list, select an Archiver to receive the video.
For Recurrence, select a schedule for the archive
NOTE: If you set a maximum duration to transfer files on a Daily or Weekly schedule, ongoing transfers are stopped at the specified time, and will resume from the last successfully transferred video frame at the next scheduled transfer. If you do not set a maximum duration, and the transfer is still in progress at the beginning of the next scheduled transfer, then the new transfer starts when the current transfer is completed.Transferring archives on a schedule is recommended for fixed cameras with limited network bandwidth. The transfer can be scheduled for a time when network demand is low.
- Transfer archives manually.
- Transfer archives every 1-59 minutes.
- Transfer archives every 1-23 hours.
- Transfer archives every day at the specified time. Optionally, set a maximum duration for the transfer to complete.
- Transfer archives every week, on specific days at the specified time. Optionally, set a maximum duration for the transfer to complete.
- In the Coverage option, select whether to transfer all the data that has been accumulated since the last transfer, or only for a set range of days.
- Under Data, select All to transfer everything since the last successful transfer, or Specific to transfer specific sequences based on event filters.
If you select Specific, select the type of data to
- Transfer video segments related to alarm events. The record of the alarm itself is not transferred.
- Transfer video segments that contain bookmarks.
- Input triggers
- Transfer video segments that contain input events.
- Motion events
- Transfer video segments recorded between Motion on and Motion off events. This option only applies to unit motion detection.
- Protected video
- Transfer video segments that are protected.
- Video analytics events
- Transfer video segments that contain video analytics events.
- Time range
- Transfer video segments recorded during a specific period. You can specify a time range or a relative time range, such as the last n days, hours, or minutes.
Event-based transfer only: If you selected specific data, specify how many seconds of
video should be transferred before and after the event occurs.
If you select the Motion events filter, this setting indicates how many seconds of video preceding the Motion on event, and how many seconds of video following the Motion off event are included in the transfer.
- Click Save.