Instead of waiting for a report to generate and then exporting the results, you can generate a report and save it to a file location directly.
Generating and saving a report is helpful, because you do not have to wait at your workstation for the report to generate. It is also helpful if your query has many results, because you are not limited to 10, 000 results like when you generate a report normally.
What you should know
NOTE: The tasks that support this command are those where the results are queried from a role database, and not the directory.
- Open an existing reporting task, or create a new one.
In the Filters tab, use the
query filters to create a customized search.
NOTE: Some of the filters have a Select all button. This button does not appear if there are more than 100 entities to select from (for example, if you have a list of 1500 cardholders), because if you query too many entities the report takes too long to generate.
- Right-click a column heading in the report pane, and click Select columns ().
- Select which columns to include in the saved report, and click Save.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Generate report, and click Generate and save report.
In the dialog box, set the following options:
- File format
- Select the file format. Only CSV is supported.
- Destination file
- Select the file name.
- (PDF only) Select whether the PDF file should be in portrait or landscape mode.
- Attached files folder
- Specify where the attached files, such as cardholder pictures or license plate images, are saved.
- Click Export.
The report is saved in the location you specified.