You can link cameras to door entities, so that when an access control event is triggered at the door (door forced, access denied), it causes the camera’s video feed to be displayed in a Security Desk monitoring tile and to be recorded.
Before you begin
- An Archiver role with available cameras.
- An Omnicast™ Federation™ role to connect to an external Omnicast™ system.
- A Security Center Federation™ role to connect to an external Security Center system with cameras.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door entity to configure, and click the Hardware tab.
- In the Door side (In) section, click Associate a camera ().
From the Camera drop-down list, select a camera.
If the camera has a PTZ motor, you can also include the PTZ preset number to ensure that the camera points towards the door.
- To add another camera to the door side, click Associate a camera () again.
- Repeat the steps for Door side (Out).
- Click Apply.