You configure the settings of the Media Router role from the Video task in Security Center Config Tool.
Media Router - Properties tab
- Servers assigned to host redirector agents, which is a software module launched by the Media Router to redirect data streams from one IP endpoint to another.
- Server selected to host the redirector agent.
- Incoming UDP port range
- Range of ports used by the redirector agent to send video using UDP. If the redirector agent is running behind a firewall, ensure that these ports are unlocked for inbound packets for UDP connections.
- Live capacity
- Limit the maximum number of live streams that can be redirected through this server (redirector). This feature prevents overloading the server with too many users who are simultaneously trying to view video that needs redirection. When the limit is reached, an error message is displayed on the client application when users request live video, stating that the live stream capacity is exceeded.
- Playback capacity
- Limit the maximum number of playback streams that can be redirected through this server (redirector). This feature prevents overloading the server with too many users who are simultaneously trying to view video that needs redirection. When the limit is reached, an error message is displayed on the client application when users request playback video, stating that the playback stream capacity is exceeded.
- Bandwidth control
- Limit the maximum bandwidth for video streams
that are redirected through this server (redirector). You can also set a
different bandwidth limit for live and playback video. This feature prevents
overloading the network with too many video streams coming from a remote site
that has limited bandwidth.
When the limit is reached and users request a new video stream, an error message displays stating that the bandwidth limit is exceeded. If the bandwidth limit is reached and a user with a high user level (Security Center) requests a stream, the user with the lowest user level who is viewing video that is being redirected from that redirector loses their stream connection. If multiple users with the same user level are viewing redirected video streams, the user who requested the video stream last loses the stream connection.
- Redirection strategy
- If you have multiple network cards, you can specify the actions performed by each network card. For example, you might want to specify that video export and video transfer can only be performed by your Wireless network card. For more information, see Configuring network card usage for a redirector.NOTE: By default, all actions are performed on all available network cards.
- Multicast interface
- Network adaptor to use for streaming data in multicast mode.
- RTSP port
- Port used by the redirector agent to receive TCP
commands.NOTE: If you configure the redirector agent on the server hosting the Media Router, the RTSP port cannot be the same as the one used by the Media Router.
- RTP port
- Port used by the redirector agent to stream live video data using TCP.
- Start multicast endpoint
- Start multicast address and port number. In multicast, all audio and video sources
are streamed to different multicast addresses while using the same port number,
because multicast switches and routers use the destination IP address to make their
routing decisions. Similarly, the Media Router assigns that same port number to all
streaming devices (microphones and cameras), starting with the specified IP address,
and incrementing it by 1 for every new devices it encounters.NOTE: If you are using Windows Server 2008 or earlier, you can greatly improve your system performance if you manually assign a different port number to each streaming device.
- RTSP port
- Incoming TCP command port used by the Media Router.
- Use secure communication
- Encrypts all RTSP video requests. When secure communication is enabled, all video communications use RTSP over TLS. If your network is configured for Multicast or Unicast UDP, only the RTSP control channel is encrypted. If your network is configured for Unicast TCP, only the RTSP control channel is encrypted for live video redirection. Video playback and video export always use RTSP over TCP, therefore the RTSP control channel and the video data channel are both encrypted.IMPORTANT: Secure communication is enabled by default on new installations, but disabled if you upgraded from a version prior to 5.5. When secure communication is turned on, Security Center systems older than 5.5 cannot federate your Security Center system.
Media Router - Resources tab
- Servers hosting this role.
- Database status
- Current status of the database.
- Database server
- Name of the SQL Server service (default=
- Name of the database instance.
- Maintenance functions you can perform on the role’s database: