If motion detection is not working for some cameras in Security Center, you can troubleshoot the issue.
This information used to be found in the deprecated knowledge base article KBA-00965.
What you should know
Verify that the unit is supported by Security Center, and that it is running the
For a list of video units supported by Security Center, see our Supported Device List.
- Confirm that there are no known issues or limitations related to motion detection for your camera in the Security Center Release Notes.
- Confirm that the motion detection settings are configured properly for the camera.
Verify that you are receiving motion events in Security Desk:
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
- Verify that the Motion on and Motion off events are selected, and click Save.
- Open the Monitoring task.
- At the bottom of the Monitoring task, click Monitoring () and click Add ().
In the Select an entity to monitor dialog box, select a camera
and click Add.
The entities you selected are added to the Event monitoring list.
- Create some motion near the camera to confirm that motion events show up in the event list of the Monitoring task.
- If you do not receive any motion events, lower the Motion on threshold value in the camera's Motion detection tab, and try creating motion near the camera again.
Do one of the following:
- If you receive the motion events, verify that motion detection is working by
configuring the camera to record on motion:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the camera to configure and click the Recording tab.
- In the Recording modes drop-down list, select On motion/Manual.
- Click Apply.
- If you still do not receive any motion events, it might be an issue with your camera. Contact Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center.
- If you receive the motion events, verify that motion detection is working by configuring the camera to record on motion: