You can move a role to another server without installing any additional software, for example, if the server that the role is installed on is slow or has limited disk space.
Before you begin
Make sure you have another server configured and ready to accept a new role.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the role you want to modify, and then click the Resources tab.
- If the role requires a database, do one of the following:
Under the Servers list, click Add an item
A dialog box appears with all available servers on your system.
- Select the substitute server and click Add.
- Select the current server in the Servers list and click Delete ().
- Click Apply.