If you want a different Archiver role to manage and control a video unit, for load distribution or another purpose, you can move the unit to another Archiver using the Move unit tool.
Before you begin
- The Archiver role must be on the same LAN as the video unit it controls.
- If you are using custom settings for the unit extension, such as custom logon credentials, you must configure the same extension settings on the new Archiver role.
What you should know
Existing archives are not moved with the video unit to the new Archiver role. They remain associated with the old Archiver until their retention period ends.
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
- From the Unit type drop-down list, select Video unit.
- Select the units you want to move.
- Under Archiver, select the new Archiver role to control the unit.
- Click .
After you finish
Move any important video archives over to the new Archiver at a convenient time.