You must reactivate your Security Center license with a new validation key, every time you add or remove servers from the list of Directory servers.
Before you begin
- System ID and password
- The System ID and password are found in the Security Center License Information document. Genetec™ Customer Service sends you this document when you purchase the product.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
Select the Directory Manager () role, and click the Directory
- Click Modify license for all servers.
In the License management dialog box, activate your license in
one of the following ways:
IMPORTANT: Send the composite validation key (comprising all Directory servers); otherwise, the license reactivation fails silently and the Directory failover does not work.A dialog box showing your license information opens.
- Web activation
- (Recommended) Reactivate your license from the Internet.
In the dialog box that appears, enter your System ID and Password, and click Activate.
- Manual activation
- If your Config Tool workstation has no Internet access, reactivate your Security Center license manually using a license file.
From the License drop-down list, you can select an option to view what is included in your license.
- Click Apply to close the dialog box, and click Apply at the bottom of the Config Tool window to save your changes.