A door that is wired to an access control unit is locked by default. You can set schedules for when free access (unlocked) through the door is permitted, and when controlled access (credentials must be presented to unlock the door) is in effect, by applying access rules.
Before you begin
What you should know
If the door is configured as an access point to a secured area, all access rules assigned to the area are applied to the door. If additional access restrictions are enforced on the area, they are applied to the door as well.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door entity, and click the Unlock schedules tab.
- Under the Unlock schedules section, click Add an item ().
Select the schedules that you want apply free access periods to, and click
A typical use of an unlock schedule might be the following: The main door of the office should be unlocked from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, locked from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM, and unlocked again from 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Under the Exceptions to unlock schedules section, click Add an item ().
- Select the schedules that you want to apply controlled access periods and access rules to, and click Select.
Click Apply, and then click the Access
Best Practice: If all the perimeter doors around the area share the same access rules, associate these access rules to the area instead of the doors.
In the Door access applies to option, select whether the access
rules for the controlled access periods apply to Both sides of
Individual sides of the door.
NOTE: If the door is only configured with one reader, you can only configure access rules for the side where the reader is configured.
Under the Access rules section, click Add an
item (), select access rules (and
cardholders), and then click OK.
If you assign cardholders or cardholder groups directly to the door, the cardholders are granted access all the time.
- If the access rules are specific to each door side, then set access rules for the other door side.
- Click Apply.