To set up an Omnicast™ Federation™, you must create an Omnicast™ Federation™ role, connect it to the remote Omnicast™ system, and decide which events you want to federate.
Before you begin
- On the server where the Federation™ role is to be hosted.
- On the client workstation where Config Tool is running.
- On all secondary servers you plan to assign to the Federation™ role.
- On all Security Desk workstations viewing the federated cameras.
- Open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Click Add an entity (), and click Omnicast™ Federation™.
- In the Directory field, enter the name of the Omnicast™ Gateway connecting you to the remote Omnicast™ system.
In the next two fields, enter the username and password that the Federation™ role is going to use to log on to the remote
The rights and privileges of that user determine what your local users will be able to see and do on the federated remote system.
From the Version drop-down list, select the version of the
remote Omnicast™ system, and click Next.
This drop-down list only shows the Omnicast™ versions for which a compatibility pack is installed.
In the Federated events section, select the events that you want
to receive from the federated system, and click Next.
Events are necessary if you plan to monitor the federated entities in Security Desk, or to configure event-to-actions for the federated entities.
- In the Basic information page, enter a name and description for the role.
Select a Partition this role is a member of, and click
All federated entities are created in the partition you select. Only users that are part of the partition can view or modify those entities.
.The new Federation™ role () is created.
- If you plan to host more than 40 Omnicast™ Federation™ roles on the same server, you need to assign a different role group to every 40 roles you create.
Click the Properties tab.
The connection status should say Synchronizing entities, or Connected.
From the Default live stream drop-down list, select the default
video stream used for viewing live video from federated Omnicast™ cameras
If you know that a workstation does not need to follow the default settings of the Federation™ role, you can change its configuration to use the default settings of Security Desk instead.
- To disable users from viewing playback video from federated cameras, then switch the Enable playback requests option to OFF.
- If you do not want to receive alarms from the federated system, then switch the Federate alarms option to OFF.
- Open the Area view task.
Expand the new Omnicast™
Federation™ role () in the area view, and make sure all the
federated entities were imported by the role.
The entity hierarchy corresponds to the area view on the federated remote system.