You can view the recording state and statistics of each individual camera controlled by an Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver to verify whether each encoder is streaming video and audio, and whether the role is recording the data.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
Click the Resources tab, and then click
The Active cameras and Archiving cameras fields show you how many cameras are active, and how many have archiving enabled.
Click See details.
In the Archiving cameras dialog box, the recording states of the cameras are listed. The possible recording states are:
- Recording off
- Recording is enabled but the Archiver is not recording.
- If you suspect a problem, click the Description column.
The possible causes are:
- Database lost.
- Disks full.
- Cannot write to any drive.
- Recording on
- Recording was started by a user.
- Recording on (locked by system)
- Recording is currently controlled by the Archiver, following an On motion or Continuous schedule.
- Recording off (locked by system)
- Recording is currently disabled on this camera by a schedule.
- Recording about to stop
- Recording was started by a user and is within the last 30 seconds of recording.