In parking facilities where the entrance and exit are monitored by Sharp ALPR units, the AutoVu™ Free-Flow feature in Security Center increases parking enforcement efficiency by providing a real-time inventory of parking violations.
Using the AutoVu™ Free-Flow feature, you can manage transient parking, where vehicle owners pay for hourly parking, and contract permit parking for employee, student, or residential parking. The system records the license plates of vehicles entering and exiting the parking zone and compares them to the list of permit holders and payments received through Pay-by-Plate Sync enabled pay stations and mobile parking apps. Vehicles parked beyond their purchased time are automatically marked as violations awaiting enforcement.
If parking attendants are responsible for manually issuing citations, then based on the information provided by the AutoVu™ Free-Flow system, you can increase operational efficiency by dispatching attendants to the parking facilities that contain the highest number of violations.
AutoVu™ Free-Flow lets you do the following:
- Using the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin, AutoVu™ Free-Flow can also integrate with third-party parking permit providers. You can consolidate multiple third-party license plate-enabled parking (LEP) systems into a single parking solution. Vehicle owners then have the option to pay for metered parking and to extend their parking time before they are in violation.
- You can merge Pay-by-Plate Sync’s dynamic permits with Security Center static permits. This allows you to define weekly or monthly permits in addition to using permits from third-party providers.
- The system can generate an XML file of violations which can be used by your ticketing management system.
- You can generate violation reports in PDF, CSV, and Excel formats as well as on-screen reports. If your parking installation includes a Genetec Patroller™ unit (the in-vehicle application), the system can generate a hotlist of vehicles in violation to be used for mobile enforcement.
- If you need to manage parking lots where parking spots are leased to tenants, you
can install the AutoVu™
- For more information on the AutoVu™ Free-Flow plugin, see the AutoVu™ Free-Flow Plugin Guide.
- For more information on configuring multi-tenant parking, see Configuring AutoVu™ Free-Flow multiple tenants with additional transient parking.