For SharpV cameras that use the LPM protocol to connect to Security Center, if either the SharpV or the ALPR Manager role is behind a Network address translation (NAT) device, additional configuration is required.
- If the SharpV camera or the ALPR Manager role are behind a NAT, it is not possible to configure a failover server.
- If you have a multi-server system where the Directory and the ALPR Manager roles are installed on different machines, it is not possible to configure NAT port forwarding for the ALPR Manager role.
The SharpV is behind a NAT
In this case, you must configure port forwarding to forward the port of the NAT to the IP address and port of the ALPR Manager. For example, if port 123 is available on the NAT, configure port forwarding to point to port 443 on the SharpV.
- When adding the SharpV to the ALPR Manager using the Create a unit wizard, enter the IP address and port of the NAT.
The ALPR Manager role is behind a NAT
In this case, you must configure the ALPR Manager listening port to match the inbound port that is configured on the NAT. For example, if port 8711 is available on the NAT and the firewall rules have been configured accordingly, configure port forwarding to point to port 8711 on the ALPR Manager.
- In the Server Admin Public address field, enter the hostname or IP address.
- When adding the SharpV to the ALPR Manager
using the Create a unit wizard, enter the IP address and port of
- Update the port that the ALPR Manager will be listening on. In this example where the NAT is configured to use port 8711, you would change the LPM protocol Listening port from the default port (9001) to port 8711.